Patient & Community Advisory Committee (PCAC)
What is the PCAC?
The Patient & Community Advisory Committee (PCAC) is a group of people whose common goal is to improve and contribute to research in neurodegenerative diseases by representing the patient, caregiver and health charity voice.
- Patients & caregivers living with a neurodegenerative disease
- Health charities (e.g., Alzheimer Society of Ontario, Parkinson Canada, Ontario Heart and Stroke, ALS Society Canada)
- ONDRI collaborators (Ontario Brain Institute and MINT Memory Clinics)
- ONDRI investigators and project management team
- Helps translate ONDRI data for:
- Earlier detection
- Patient centred treatments
- Slowing or even preventing neurodegeneration
- Plans for future ONDRI research
- Contributes to new ONDRI protocols & proposals
- Assists with communication and knowledge translation:
- Public education and scientific events
- Advocates to government for health policy change
- Links patients, caregivers, charities and the public
- Do you or your loved one have one of the following neurodegenerative diseases?:
- Alzheimer’s Disease (AD) /Mild Cognitive Impairment (MCI)
- Vascular Cognitive Impairment (VCI)
- Parkinson’s disease (PD)
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
- Frontotemporal Dementia (FTD)
- Do you have a keen interest in research?
- Are you an integrated thinker?
- Are you results oriented?
- Would you bring a unique and valuable perspective to neurodegenerative disease research?
For more information or to express interest, please contact:
Phone: 416-480-6100 ext. 1620