AIM 4: Health Services Research and Knowledge Translation
Catalyze health services research, system evaluation, knowledge translation and system interventions to improve the health and well-being of Ontarians with neurodegenerative disease.
This platform will aim to develop impactful health services research in dementia care to inform clinical practice and health care funding policy. It will also aim to develop a solid foundation upon which registry-based randomized trials can be launched
Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Do men and women with ALS receive different health care services prior to diagnosis?
- What are the patterns of “Watson drug” use in persons with and without Parkinson’s disease?
- Is previous use of a “Watson drug” associated with the risk of Parkinson’s disease?
Vascular Cognitive Impairment
- Do men and women who have had a stroke:
- Receive different health care services prior to entering a long-term care home?
- Have different levels of care needs and survival?
Alzheimer’s and related dementias
- How do persons with dementia utilize the health system as they remain in the community over time?
- What is the risk of having two or more “comorbid” neurodegenerative and mental health conditions?