Congratulations to Dr. Walter Swardfager and several ONDRI investigators who were awarded a 2019 Biomarkers Across Neurodegenerative Diseases (BAND 3) Program Grant, and a Michael J. Fox Foundation Target Advancement Program Grant. These investigators were awarded for their projects related to oxylipins and vascular cognitive impairment across the neurodegenerations, and specifically in the progression of Parkinson’s disease/dementia with Lewy bodies.
Together, the projects aim to:
- Assess serum oxylipin profiles related to cerebral small vessel disease across ONDRI cohorts (AD/MCI, PD/DLB, VCI), and healthy controls.
- Identify unique serum oxylipin profiles related to AD/MCI and PD/DLB
- Assess associations between serum oxylipins and clinical disease severity measures, and MRI-derived neurodegenerative markers in the entire study, and within each cohort
- Assess associations between serum oxylipins and the progression of PD/DLB clinical disease severity measures, and changes in novel MRI-derived PD/DLB biomarkers over 1 year
- Explore oxylipin profiles as predictors of neuropsychiatric symptoms and gait & balance disturbances